Tenacity Clothing, the European “brand” from Jaco Clothing USA, is now available in Ireland through FightStore Pro Ireland!
Due to copyrights issues in Europe, Jaco Clothing USA had to re-brand their distribution in Europe. Tenacity / Jaco clothing is owned by Glenn Robinson.
(Tenacity’s elite athlete brand ambassador, 10-time World Kickboxing Champion and Pro MMA fighter, Tyrone ‘King of the Ring’ Spong)
Tenacity is a performance sports lifestyle brand that creates innovative apparel and accessories. Their clothing is designed to meet the needs of an ever growing range of hybrid training and conditioning disciplines including Mixed Martial Arts, Core Training, Cross Fit, Boot Camp Training, and Yoga.
Tenacity strives to use materials that give superior technical performance, and where possible are sustainable and kind to the environment. Tenacity’s parent company, Jaco Clothing, have four core beliefs and each character of the name represents one element:
- J = Respect, for one’s self, others, and the environment
- A = Strength, measured by mental fortitude that creates capabilities and accomplishments
- C = Courage, to do what other’s only dream of doing
- O = Tenacity, with the ability to view failure as a valuable part of the journey
Jaco is pronounced as it would be in Brazilian Portuguese. The “J” sounds like “si” in the word Persia, the “a” sounds like the “a” in automobile, the “c” is pronounced like “k”, and “o” is pronounced as the “o” in the word go.
Many of their clothing items are created from a fabric that is made from bamboo. This is soft and silky feeling but is very strong, making it a great alternative to other natural and man-made fibres. Bamboo clothing has anti-bacterial properties which naturally inhibits body odour as the fabric wicks away moisture, Bamboo fabric t-shirts have double the absorbency of a standard cotton t-shirt and also dry twice as quickly. The fabric is wrinkle resistant and can be washed in cold water, which is handy for users.
As product guys with a long history in sporting goods and apparel, they looked at all of the apparel and gear that existed in MMA and decided that the fight short itself was great place to enter the market. When looking at most of the existing fight shorts that were being worn in the cage, they were either boardshorts from many years ago or they utilized fabric that did not stretch or breathe. Leveraging experience from their apparel and sports backgrounds which happens to include technical boardshort development experience; Tenacity worked with dozens of professional MMA fighters to find what problems they had with existing shorts. With a lot of intensive focus, they were able to combine the needs of the fighter with the best fabrics and technology to create their first fight short, the Resurgence.
The Tenacity Resurgence Fight Shorts are the most technical fight shorts that have ever been contemplated for MMA. The shorts have a clean, inspiring look; yet, are designed to withstand the rigors of MMA competition and training.
- Ultra-durable STR-X™ fabric developed to provide the technical needs that are essential in MMA: durability, exceptional 4-way stretch, breathability, moisture wicking and comfort
- Patent-pending compression waist-tightening system that can be tightened without creating “scrunching or cinching” around the waist while providing a comfortable, no-slip fit
- Internal stretch pocket located at the bottom of the short allows for easy access to your mouthguard without having to untie the shorts
- Fly backing panel construction to prevent rubbing and chafing from the flys hook and loop material
- 90% Polyester, 10% Spandex
Check out the full Tenacity catalog in our online store.